Cytocam - now on version 2
All Elite and Vivid Micropix digital microscope cameras are supplied with our own image acquisition software, Cytocam. This software runs on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 PCs (or better). Sadly, it is not yet not Mac compatible. Features include:
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- Live image preview.
- One-click, single image capture.
- Auto / manual exposure.
- Gain and Gamma control.
- Auto / manual white balance with manual colour and saturation control.
- Full screen live image mode.
- Zoom into / out of live image for fine focusing.
- Capture images in jpg or tiff format.
- Save and quickly switch between two camera configuration user-sets.
- Cytocam is modular so you only pay for the functionality that you require.
- We currently offer five additional modules:
Video and Timelapse – NEW!
Background Subtraction – NEW!
- Automatically or manually calibrate the camera (calibration slide is included in the cost of the software module).
- Measure lines.
- Add scale bars.
- Draw arrows, rectangles and circles.
- Add text.
- Draw a grid of known size (e.g. 100µm square)
- Do manual point counting of up to 4 different items with count and ratios displayed withing the image (optional).
- Adds pseudo colour to images when used with a monochrome camera or colour camera in black and white mode.
- Add blue, green and red to images.
- Select single channel, dual or all three channels.
- Create colour composite images.
- Automatically save each channel image (optional).
- Overlay fluorescence onto phase / DIC images.
Image Comparison Module:
- Display a live image from the microscope next to one other image (dual mode) or three other images (quad mode).
- Snap live images or load previously saved images.
- Snapped images are stored in RAM and are cleared when the module is closed.
- Save a live image at any time if required.
Video and Timelapse Module:
- Save a TIFF or JPEG image every x number of seconds, minutes or hours.
- Automatically stop after x number of images, a certain time or manually.
- Record video – up to 5 megapixel resolution (2448 x 2048) at 25 frames per second. THIS IS HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON PC SPECIFICATION.
- Video uses MJPEG compression to produce an AVI file.
Flat Field / Background Correction Module:
- One-click background correction.
- Removes most optical shading.