We are pleased to distribute the latest slide scanner from Mikroscan – the SL5. This is a simple, easy-to-use and affordable slide scanner and / or remote controlled microscope system that will work immediately in any lab.
Described as a “microscope in a box”, the SL5 uses the highest quality 2x, 4x, 10x, 20x and 40x objective lenses combined with optimised LED illumination for the highest image quality. It has 2 modes – Robotic Microscope, L5 and Full Whole Slide Scanning (WSI) – SL5.
The system has been designed to hold one or two standard slides (25mm x 75mm) with a new 20 slide carrier on the way in early 2020.
Robotic Microscope – L5
- Use the L5’s live robotic microscope to examine a tissue specimen on the glass slide, not a digitized representation.
- Frozen sections, cytology preparations, fine needle aspirations and other time-critical specimen evaluations occur instantly.
- Control magnification, movement in x and y, fine and coarse focus and illumination in real-time – meaning that you choose the planes of focus and areas of interest, not the system.
- One-click capture of images (and annotate them) for future reference.
Whole Slide Scanning (WSI) – SL5
- Full digital pathology capability.
- Scan speed of 45 seconds for 15mm x 15mm at 20x.
- Acquire multiple regions of interest.
- Smallest and lightest instrument on the market at 11″W (28cm) x 9″H (23cm) x 14″D (36cm) /32 lbs (14.5kg)
- 5 objectives, no digital interpolation.
- Non-proprietary TIFF image format so supports all kinds of image analysis software.